WHAT EVERY FEMINIST NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT PROPERTY LAW AND CO-HABITING
Speaker: Rosemary Auchmuty, Professor of Law at Reading University
This is one in an occasional series of feminars on a “nuts and bolts” subject. This month we hope to equip women with the information needed to understand the issues involved in property ownership and co-habiting, e.g. co-ownership, tax, the effect of marriage and civil partnership, and in particular unpicking the myths about living together.
Topics covered in this workshop-style session will include:
- Why you should make a will – and how to do it
- Things to think about when living together
- Buying property with someone else
- How does marriage or civil partnership make a difference?
- Pre-nuptial and cohabitation agreements
- Breaking up – how are disputes over property resolved?
Where: London WC1 – please RSVP or join the email list for details. The venue is accessible with no steps. We kindly ask for donations to cover venue hire, refreshments will be provided.
Please R.S.V.P. to Jennifer Milligan: Jennifer.email@example.com
LFN feminars are women-only, all women are welcome. More about previous feminars, click here.